It’s the PEPS Fundraiser
The PEPS Luncheon accounts for over 25% of our fundraising revenue for the year. It’s also a very fun event and a great time to get together to celebrate PEPS.
As a table captain, you fill your table, or half-table, with friends and family. Guests and table captains do not buy a ticket or pay to attend the Luncheon. Please make a gift yourself and let everyone know it’s a fundraiser. PEPS will do the asking!
The average gift at the 2019 event was $472 and 38% of the guests gave a gift of $300 and more.
The most important thing you can do to encourage giving is to let your guests know how their gift will help PEPS. PEPS connects parents during those early weeks and months with a new baby, creating community and support and sharing information and resources. We provide financial assistance for parents who cannot afford the fee. We recruit and train our fabulous group leaders and develop new curriculum and programming for parents.
22nd Annual PEPS Benefit Luncheon Goals
Our goal is to raise $150,000 at the PEPS Luncheon on March 10, 2020 in support of PEPS parent support programs, financial assistance, and community efforts.
PEPS also seeks event sponsorship to cover event costs, so that more of each dollar raised will directly support PEPS programs.
Fundraising Ideas for Table Captains
Think about how much you would like to raise, set a goal, and then invite your friends to help you reach that goal.
- Set a fundraising goal for your table and inform your guests of your goal. This can really help encourage giving.
- If you are planning to give at a level that will be matched by our Giving Challenge, tell your guests that if they give at the Luncheon Challenge Level, you will too.
- Some table captains may choose to generously match any guest who makes a gift at a matched level – making it a double match!
Setting a Goal
Last year’s table average was $3,524 and our goal this year is to raise $150,000 on March 10 during the Luncheon.
- With a table goal of $5,000 – you would support the PEPS curriculum and fund the cost of delivering the PEPS research-based curriculum to more than 250 groups a year.
- With a table goal of $3,200 – you would support partnership with a new PEPS collaboration with a partner organization to bring parent support to the community it serves.
- With a table goal of $1,500 – you would support access by providing financial assistance for 8 families (an entire PEPS Group!) who cannot afford the program fees.
Other Giving Incentives & Ideas
- Monthly, quarterly or semi-annual payment options are available. It’s all on the Giving Card and easy to let us know that a $300 pledge at the Luncheon will be a $25 monthly payment.
- Gifts of $300, $500, and $1,000 will be matched by our Giving Challenge.
- Sustainer Circle – you or a guest can become a Sustainer! Sustainers pledge a gift of $1,500 or more per year for 3 years.
- Ask your guests if they have an employer matching gift form they can use to double their gift. Microsoft, Starbucks, Boeing and many others will match gifts to PEPS.
- Create a ‘virtual table’ with your out-of-town friends. Ask friends who can’t attend to give a gift in support of your favorite organization – PEPS!
Horizons Foundation Giving Challenge
The Horizons Foundation supports PEPS with a Giving Challenge by providing matching funds and encouraging other donors to pool additional matching funds so that individual gifts of $300, $500, or $1,000 are doubled!