Please use these templates as you see fit. Call, text, email, Facebook, Evite – use a combination, use them all! Tell them you are a PEPS parent, a group leader, a Board member or donor. Tell them how much fun it is and why it’s important to have support for new parents. You can edit and personalize them, add the part about childcare, find a “feature” that you really like – we just want to give you a head start!
- Sample Save The Date Email
- Sample Guest Invitation
- Copy/Paste these reasons to attend
- Asking Co-Workers
- Sample Guest Reminder(s)
- Response to someone who can’t join you
Sample Save The Date Email
I know this is early, but I also know how busy we can all get and how soon our calendars fill up.
That’s why I wanted to send you a quick note as early as possible asking you to Save the Date for the 22nd Annual PEPS Luncheon on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11 am – 1 pm. The Luncheon will be held in the Seattle Center Fisher Pavilion and I will be hosting a table. I would love for you to join me.
I will send more details in January, but if you already know that you can/will join me, send me a quick email so that I can put you on my list. And if you know anyone else I should invite, please let me know.
In the meantime – put March 10, 2020 on your calendar!
Sample Guest Invitation
I love PEPS, the Program for Early Parent Support, because it was so important to me right after I had my baby.
PEPS has been an incredible experience for me – and I felt it was important to give back.
I’m hosting (or co-hosting) a table at the 2020 Annual Luncheon – it’s the main PEPS fundraiser for the year – and I’d really love for you to join me at this event!
The Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, from 11-1, at Fisher Pavilion in Seattle Center. It’s a very fun and festive event with a coffee cart, mimosas, and more.
The Luncheon is the largest annual fundraiser for PEPS and the goal is to raise $180,000 or more at this event. There is no cost to me or to any guest at the Luncheon, but everyone will be asked to make a donation during the program. Gifts of $300 and $500 will be matched and gifts can be made in monthly installments. My personal goal is to raise $xxx at my table in support of PEPS.
I hope you’ll join me in supporting what I believe is an incredibly valuable organization. I don’t know of any other organization in our area who does what PEPS does.
It should be a great time – please let me know if you can make it so that I can get you registered!
P.S. Babes-in-arms are welcome at the Luncheon, and there is free childcare available for children ages 18 months-5 years. Registration information will be available soon.
Copy/Paste these reasons to attend
- Find out what’s ahead for PEPS – We will share plans, ideas and insights for why we all love PEPS and what will continue to make PEPS successful for parents and their little ones.
- Free lunch! Sort of… no cost to attend, but donations expected during the program. This is THE fundraiser of the year for PEPS.
- PEPS has been part of the local community for more than 36 years. PEPS served more than 4,000 parents in the last year.
- PEPS is local, founded in north Seattle, and since its start has supported more than 35,000 new parents.
- The board and staff at PEPS are actively working on growing PEPS to reach new families with a focus on access, equity and partnership.
- You will be one of the first people to hear our new Executive Director, Dana Guy, speak to the growth of our strategic direction!
- Our guest speaker Sheila Capestany will use her experience (as the Strategic Advisor for Children and Youth for King County and as the former Executive Director of Open Arms Perinatal Services) to share the big picture context around our PEPS community. (Sheila is also a former PEPS Board member and PEPS participant!)
- PEPS is starting to see 2nd generation parents – PEPS babies who have grown up to have children of their own and are in a PEPS Group.
- Lunch is delicious, and there’s a coffee cart, mimosas and music. It’s fun, festive and an inspiring fundraiser!
- Catch up with friends (old and new). You will probably run into someone you know. (500+ attending)
- A worthy excuse to get out of the office for two hours. A midday luncheon is not the world’s most convenient time, BUT it’s just once a year and a good cause.
- Babes-in-arms are welcome at the Luncheon. Free childcare will be offered (ages 18 months-5 years).
You might have colleagues and co-workers at your company who have participated in PEPS. They might be unlikely to attend the luncheon on their own, but they might join in a table of parents from your company! Send them an invitation, offering to pull together a table of PEPS participants from your organization. A great way to support PEPS and do some good networking with parents where you work!
Sample Guest Reminder(s)
Even though PEPS will email a confirmation to all of your registered guests, we recommend that you keep in contact with your guests up until the Luncheon on March 10. Read, edit and use any of the suggested text.
- Email Reminder: February 14
Happy Valentine’s Day to you! Sending my love to you and thanks much for joining me at the PEPS Luncheon on March 10. It’s coming up in about 3 weeks and you are registered to sit at my table. The Social Hour starts at 11 am (program starts at 11:45 am and ends at 1 pm)! Will be great to see you! See you soon!
- 1 Week Before
Hi, I can’t wait to see you next Tuesday (March 10) at the PEPS Annual Benefit Luncheon. You should have received the guest confirmation from PEPS with important information on parking, directions, luncheon program, and meal.
This is the annual fundraising event for PEPS, and in addition to having a great time, we are attending this event to support PEPS. So please bring your checkbook or credit card and your giving spirit. During the Luncheon we will be asked to raise the giving card, fill it out and make a donation, so hold off with writing the check until you come to the Luncheon!
My personal goal is to raise $XXX at my table and I hope you will consider a gift that will help me reach that goal. Each luncheon gift of $300 or $500 more will be matched. If you have a company or employer match for charitable contributions, please bring your company’s matching form with you! That way, a gift of $300 can turn into a $600 or $900 gift!
Please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions about the Luncheon. I will see you there!
PS: If for some reason, you cannot join me for lunch next Tuesday, please let me know right away, as your seat is reserved. You can still make a donation to demonstrate how much PEPS means to you. Simply click on this link (http://www.peps.org/give/PEPS-benefit-luncheon/cant-make-the-luncheon) to make your online donation or send a check to PEPS, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103.
And, if you are no longer able to attend and have registered your child for the event childcare, please contact them ASAP. They have a waitlist and will offer your childcare spot to other parents who need it. Thank you!
Phone or text:
Hi! Thought I would call/text you really quick before Tuesday’s PEPS Luncheon and see if you have everything you need. It’s at Seattle Center’s Fisher Pavilion and starts at 11 am (lunch is at 11:45 am). Let me know if you need directions or have any other questions! When you get there, you’ll get your nametag with our table number. Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. My mobile number is xxx, in case you need to reach me between now and Tuesday.
- Day Before:
Hi all – Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I have heard from one person that you are not able to attend – we will miss you! Name tags are pinned to the big wall at the end of the room. The table number is printed on the name tag – it’s tiny, but on there. If you have any questions – please get in touch. See you soon!
There will be FREE childcare for children ages 1.5-5 years during our Luncheon. While babes in arms (up to 6 months) are welcome at the Luncheon, you can register for childcare for children 1.5-5 years of age. More info about the PEPS Luncheon Event Childcare can be found here.
Response to someone who can’t join you (gift in lieu of attendance)
Gifts in lieu of attendance are important in helping us reach our goal. Please ask anyone who can’t make it to the Luncheon to make a gift in lieu of attendance.
<insert a personal note about why your guest can’t join you>.
I invite you to join me in spirit at the Luncheon with a gift in lieu of attendance. The Luncheon is the biggest annual fundraiser for PEPS and raises 25% of their funds so that PEPS can serve over 3,500 parents this year.
There are three easy ways you can make a gift today:
- Send your check to me and I can take it to the Luncheon, or
2. Sending your check (payable to PEPS) to PEPS, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, #324, Seattle, WA 98103. Put ‘Luncheon gift/My Name’ so they know to count it toward my Luncheon goal.
3. Make a gift online at http://www.peps.org/give – Put ‘Luncheon gift/My Name’ in the comment field so that your gift gets counted with my table.
I support PEPS because there is no other resource like PEPS in our community that supports parents during the early weeks and months of becoming a new parent. I want to make sure that future parents receive the same kind of support that I got when I started parenthood.
Please consider making a gift in lieu of attendance to PEPS – Thanks!